Loop Head Peninsula
Wild, Beautiful & Unspoilt landscape…A Wild Atlantic Way gem!
A Co. Clare Peninsula, Loop Head is a unique finger of land pointing out to sea with dramatic ocean cliffs on the north side and softer shores on the south side, the Shannon estuary. Two distinct landscapes that provide a wonderful tourism destination.
The 60km Loop Head Peninsula Heritage Trail was launched in November 2014 and takes in 18 local attractions including the West Clare Railway, the Church of the Little Ark, Kilkee Victorian Town, and the bridges of Ross and Loop Head Peninsula.
Loop Head is a perfect example of what you can expect in the Wild Atlantic Way:
- Panoramic Cliffs Views
- Breath-taking coastal roads
- Abundant local Seafood
- A Haven for birdlife
- Impressive wetlands leading into the Shannon estuary
- Quiet beauty spots
- Dolphin Watching
- Choice of Aquatic Activities
- Right in the middle of the Wild Atlantic Way route
- 2,500 kilometres of splendid coastal scenery
Loop Head Awards:
- Sustainable Global Top 100 Destinations 2014
- Irish Times Winner – Best Place to Holiday in Ireland 2013
- European Destination of Excellence Award for Aquatic Tourism 2010
For more information on the Loop Head Peninsula, please visit www.loveloophead.com